Andrew C. Martin
Development Tools & Databases: Eclipse, Ant, Tomcat, JUnit, NetBeans, GCC, GDB, Clang, Visual Studio, Solaris Studio, UML, Rational Rose, Make, Purify, Quantify, PostgreSQL, PostGIS, MySQL, SQL Server, SQLite, SpatiaLite
Cloud & Virtualization: Amazon Web Services (AWS/C2S), OpenStack, Heroku, KVM, VirtualBox, Docker, VMWare
Software Engineer, May 2013 to Present
Rincon Research Corporation, Aurora, CO
Software Engineer, February 2009 to May 2013
SAIC, Aurora, CO
- Developed cloud interface to legacy signal processing system to better handle dynamic scaling of mission critical processing components. Built using Python, AWS/C2S, OpenStack and ActiveMQ.
- Developed metrics management system used to perform real-time mission benefit assessment of intelligent tasking simulations. Built using C++, ZeroMQ and MySQL.
- Lead a small team in the design, development and analysis of distributed real-time signal processing system.
- Developed middleware infrastructure in C++ for the OBPS distributed processing environment.
- Responsible for maintaining schedule, mentoring, requirements sell-off and implementing key test and CM infrastructure.
- Lead writer for cloud migration proposal that resulted in a contract win.
Software Engineer, January 2004 to February 2009
The Boeing Company, Aurora, CO
- Developed middleware infrastructure in C++ for the GOPS distributed signal processing system.
- Lead engineer for an R&D project to develop Java web services for a virtualized Multi-INT data processing architecture.
- Developed 3D geospatial analysis tools using Java, Swing and NASA WorldWind.
- Designed and developed real-time signal and GMTI change detection algorithms in C++ and Java.
- Maintained, enhanced, and documented GUI signal analysis applications written in Java and C++.
- Developed scripts in Perl, Python and Bash to orchestrate regression testing and build infrastructure.
- Migrated the organization's C++ software baseline to a 64-bit architecture.
- Managed a team of eight in addition to software engineering duties.
Software Developer, May 2001 to December 2003
Colorado Climate Center, Fort Collins, CO
- Developed web services for multi-level security infrastructure in Java and Axis2.
- Developed GUI frontends to legacy Fortran applications in Java/C#, resulting in significantly improved usability and functionality.
- Responsible for the build up and administration of the Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) lab infrastructure.
- Maintained, enhanced, and documented database-driven telemetry processing applications written in C++/MFC.
- Created a real-time satellite tasking prototype utilizing Microsoft .NET, web services, and STK.
- Designed and developed a graphical C#/Windows Forms application to facilitate analysis of spacecraft attitudes.
- Designed BPEL processes to orchestrate web services in a SOA-based operational concept.
- Migrated 16-bit Windows C++ applications to latest version of Microsoft Visual Studio.
- Developed VBScripts to automate system administration tasks.
- Responsible for managing the organization's revision control system (Subversion).
- Mentored developers on object-oriented design, agile development methodologies, and software development best practices.
- Designed and developed a web-based system to dynamically store, process, and graph data from dozens of weather stations throughout Colorado.
- Migrated existing operations from a flat file system to a relational database (MySQL).
- Worked closely with clients to implement compatibility and feature requests.
- Developed a containerized reminder microservice using Python, Flask, RabbitMQ, Docker, SQLite, and AWS. Code available on GitHub (https://git.io/vNkxN).
- Created a Google Maps-based route plotting website where users have interactively created over 8 million waypoints in the last 11 years. Developed with PHP, Ajax, and MySQL.
- Developed a board game for the Palm OS and Java platforms. Received over 50,000 downloads.
University of Denver, Denver, CO
Masters of Business Administration (MBA), June 2008
Colorado State University, Fort Collins, CO
B.S. Degree in Computer Science, December 2003
Active TS/SCI clearance with current SSBI (January 16, 2015)