Development Tools & Databases: Eclipse, Ant, Tomcat, Maven, JUnit, NetBeans, GCC, GDB, Clang, Visual Studio, Solaris Studio, Git, Subversion, CVS, UML, ActiveVOS, Rational Rose, Make, Purify, Quantify, VMWare, KVM, VirtualBox, PostgreSQL, PostGIS, MySQL, SQL Server, SQLite, Spatialite
Operating Systems: Linux (RHEL, CentOS, Ubuntu, Gentoo, Linux Mint), Solaris, FreeBSD, Windows
SAIC, Aurora, CO
- Lead engineer for an R&D project to develop Java web services for a virtualized Multi-INT data processing architecture.
- Developed 3D geospatial analysis tools using Java, Swing and NASA WorldWind.
- Designed and developed real-time signal and GMTI change detection algorithms in C++ and Java.
- Developed middleware infrastructure in C++ for the GOPS distributed processing environment.
- Maintained, enhanced, and documented GUI signal analysis applications written in Java and C++.
- Developed scripts in Perl, Python and Bash to orchestrate regression testing and build infrastructure.
- Utilized XSLT to provide tools to translate from internal data formats to external customer interfaces.
- Migrated the organization's C++ software baseline to a 64-bit architecture.
- Managed a team of eight in addition to software engineering duties.
The Boeing Company, Aurora, CO
- Developed web services for multi-level security infrastructure in Java and Axis2.
- Developed GUI frontends to legacy Fortran applications in Java/C#, resulting in significantly improved usability and functionality.
- Responsible for the build up and administration of the Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) lab infrastructure.
- Maintained, enhanced, and documented database-driven telemetry processing applications written in C++/MFC.
- Created a real-time satellite tasking prototype utilizing Microsoft .NET, web services, and STK.
- Designed and developed a graphical C#/Windows Forms application to facilitate analysis of spacecraft attitudes.
- Designed BPEL processes to orchestrate web services in a SOA-based operational concept.
- Migrated 16-bit Windows C++ applications to latest version of Microsoft Visual Studio.
- Developed VBScripts to automate system administration tasks.
- Responsible for managing the organization's revision control system (Subversion).
- Mentored developers on object-oriented design, agile development methodologies, and software development best practices.
Colorado Climate Center, Fort Collins, CO
- Designed and developed a web-based system to dynamically store, process, and graph data from dozens of weather stations throughout Colorado.
- Migrated existing operations from a flat file system to a relational database (MySQL).
- Worked closely with clients to implement compatibility and feature requests.
- Open source software contributions to projects such as Trac (Python), Cppcheck (C++), and Jenkins (Java). Code samples available on request.
- Created a Google Maps based route plotting website that has been used globally to interactively record over one million waypoints across over 13,000 routes. Developed with PHP, Ajax, and MySQL.
- Developed a board game for the Palm OS and Java platforms. Received over 50,000 downloads.
University of Denver, Denver, CO
Masters of Business Administration (MBA), June 2008
Colorado State University, Fort Collins, CO
B.S. Degree in Computer Science, December 2003
Single Scope Background Investigation (TS/SSBI), July 2004 to Present